This recipe is inspired by my Grandma McMillen’s salmon cakes. I never had hers. But when I asked for recipes, my sweet cousin Richard requested these specifically, and here they are!
- 1 lb fresh salmon
- 2 spring onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 T Duke’s mayo
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 T seas salt flakes
The How To:
- Cook the salmon your favorite way. I baked mine with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper for about 10 minutes at 420 degrees.
- Let cool.
- Once cool, scrape the salmon away from the skin and into a bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix gently.
- Form the mixture into salmon cakes, about 1/4 cup each, and place on a baking sheet. Cook about 10-12 minutes, until a nice golden brown.